Reference: 19.003 SQS
We are looking for ambitious Quantity Surveyor(s) with Consultancy experience, who are looking to progress their careers by joining our growing Manchester team to lead projects and teams with a client facing role. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an established office with an expanding client base. The successful candidate will be joining an expanding business with exciting plans for the future, both in the UK and across Europe.
Candidates must be degree qualified (BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent) with 5+ years’ experience and ideally MRICS qualified. A proven track record within both pre and post contract delivery alongside excellent communication skills with all levels of staff both internally and within client organisations is essential. We are looking for efficient, goal driven and engaging team player who prioritise innovation and flexibility.
Candidates must be fluent in English with previous work experience in the UK and be based in Manchester or be able to commute on a daily basis.
Successful candidates will be offered excellent career development opportunities supported by our varied and challenging workload, with progression and reward being driven by successful delivery and performance.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Quantity Surveying knowledge base throughout Pre and Post construction phases
- Experience of administration of construction contracts
- Chartered or working towards achieving chartered status
- Experience of working within a consultancy or client organisation
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Experience in a client facing role
- Experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff
- Experience of successfully operating within multi stakeholder environments
- Ability to challenge constructively and deliver client led targets
- Ability to clearly articulate project needs on a scheme by scheme basis
- Ability to pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering studies at project and programme level
- Delivery of work outputs within set time frames
- Commitment, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office
- Highly competitive negotiable salary
- 25 days holiday
- Additional day off for weekday birthday
- Additional volunteering day off
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension contributions
- Vehicle allowance
- Death in Service and Permanent Health Cover
- Ongoing training and development
Please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com quoting ‘REF: 19.003 SQS’
Monaghans is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.