Reference: 18.020 SBS
We are looking for a Senior Building Surveyor to join our London office to work on instructions and projects in the Commercial, Residential and Retail sectors throughout the UK. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in both pre and post contract delivery of a diverse range of instructions, alongside excellent communication skills with all levels of staff both internally and within client organisations. Strong people management and leadership skills are an advantage. A great team and work ethic are essential. Candidates must be degree qualified and ideally MRICS, CIOB and/or hold relevant and demonstrable experience.
Team Leader, Principal Designer and Design Risk Management experience and ideally iMaPS would be desirable but not essential.
Working as part of the Built Asset Consultancy Team within the Property Department, the successful candidate(s) will experience a great opportunity to join an expanding business with exciting plans for the future, where progression and reward is driven by successful delivery. We are looking for efficient, goal driven engaging individuals who prioritise innovation and flexibility.
Successful candidates will be offered excellent career development opportunities supported by our varied and challenging workload. Monaghans are committed to the continuous professional development of all our staff and we provide a range of professional training programmes and support for staff at all levels including those requiring support to obtain relevant academic or professional qualifications.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Excellence in both Professional and Construction Services
- Strong knowledge base including Project Management, Expert Witness, Dilapidations etc.
- Delivery of work outputs within set time frames and commercial goals
- Commitment, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office, Tablet and Mobile data collection
- Highly competitive negotiable salary
- Vehicle allowance
- 23 holidays rising to 25 after two years service
- Volunteering day
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension contributions
- Birthday day off
- Ongoing training and development
Please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘REF: 18.020 SBS’
Monaghans is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.